Contest is open from April 15, 2008 to August 15 2008. Enter as often as you want at Sportside Source For Sports and Wildlife Taxidermy in Brooks. Prizes will be given for the largest gopher, largest youth gopher (for members between 12 to 17 yrs.) and most tails entered. All other names will be entered in a random draw. Prize details will be announced at a later date. Prizes will be presented at the Awards Banquet in February 2009.
- All hunting/firearms regulations and rules of hunter ethics apply.
- Contest is open to members only – your membership card must be presented with each entry.
- Contest includes Richardson Ground Squirrels only.
- All tails must be brought in to the stores frozen and in plastic bags.
- All gopher carcasses must be brought in to the stores frozen, in plastic bags and in a non-transparent wrapper such as a paper bag.
- Heaviest gopher -- .22 cal. rifle
- Heaviest gopher (youth category) -- hunting knife
- Most tails -- GPS
- Random draw -- 2 bricks .22 cal. shells